Author Topic: A32 new owner  (Read 634 times)

alapaka

• c'mon spring!!! chop chop!
A32 new owner
« on: March 06, 2018, 05:05:08 PM »
Hi all;

I'd would like to get added to the list of proud A32 owners.

name: Avrio
serial #: zuyoc 1990384
owner: Arpad Horvath

I have the "funny v-berth" layout, with stbd double and port single quarterberths aft. is this the "forward salon" layout?

from my serial number I gather I have hull #199? however I do not think were so many A32s made... so any idea what my hull number is?

Aloha!
Arpad - s/v Avrio - A32

Jeff.

• Global Moderator
Re: A32 new owner
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 10:15:00 PM »
Welcome again!
I will point Chris to this post so we can get you updated and ready to go!
By my understanding of the serial number order that makes sense, but there were only 86 32s built. Even if we say it s99 it doesn't fit the year 1984. hmm something to look into.
I'm serial number ZUYOC046D484 and I'm hull number 46 build in 1984.

As for the name of the interior option it has a few the easiest for all seems to be forward salon layout as you said. I believe it was simply called option 1 at the factory.

Jeff
Aloha 32 Elixir V

Holdech

• Administrator
  • S/V Teliki, HYC - Toronto ON
    • Our sailing site
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 05:46:09 PM »
Hi all;

I'd would like to get added to the list of proud A32 owners.

name: Avrio
serial #: zuyoc 1990384
owner: Arpad Horvath

I have the "funny v-berth" layout, with stbd double and port single quarterberths aft. is this the "forward salon" layout?

from my serial number I gather I have hull #199? however I do not think were so many A32s made... so any idea what my hull number is?

Aloha!

Hi Arpad,

I've added your boat in the 1984 section that doesn't have hull numbers. I can't figure out your hull number as 199 (or even 19 or 99) doesn't make sense. Could it have been misread or paint filler or modified?

Chris
Chris, Teliki, A32

alapaka

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 10:42:38 PM »
The plaque is clean and clear, no mistake there. I read somewhere (here?) that these hull numbers went through changes during the production run. Oh well, the mystery adds to the mystique ;-)
Arpad - s/v Avrio - A32

Holdech

• Administrator
  • S/V Teliki, HYC - Toronto ON
    • Our sailing site
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 05:38:18 PM »
I think there were many "mysteries" during the last few years of production as they and many other companies faced declining sales.
Probably explains the use of silicone everywhere on our boat - much less expensive than 3M or Life caulk. Also (on ours) might explain the poor fit and workmanship of virtually all the fibreglass components.
I do know of one change through the production run that was good. It was changing chainplate attachment from embedded in the knees to bolted to the side of the knees. Virtually eliminated water intrusion and rot in the knees.

Chris

PS I received your PM and replied. Looks like the problem was solved.
Chris, Teliki, A32

alapaka

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 11:04:53 PM »
I found a different serial number on the transom - zuyoc 0430284

that looks better - hull number 43, february 1984.

no idea why the discrepancy with the plaque in the cabin.
Arpad - s/v Avrio - A32