Author Topic: Aluminm holdong tanks  (Read 521 times)

Holdech

• Administrator
  • S/V Teliki, HYC - Toronto ON
    • Our sailing site
Re: Aluminm holdong tanks
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 08:43:01 AM »
Hi BostonBill,

I removed the tank myself - easily. Just sawed off the blocks that retained it and lifted it out. It "just" cleared the V berth doorway no problem but I did have to remove the wood cover over the mast.

On our boat, the waste thru-hull is not under the tank but off to the port side, accessible when you open the bottom door under the V berth drawers. We do not have a Y valve fitted yet but it would be accessible from the same place. If we install a macerator pump, it will also go there. I'm not sure about a pump for emptying the tank as the tank is above the waterline. Never had to worry about this sailing the Great Lakes as you can't dump sewage overboard.

Buzzards Bay? We sailed there a few years ago with the Northeast Trailer Sailors (pre-Aloha days). Anchored in Hadley's Harbor. Lovely area to sail.

Chris
Chris, Teliki, A32

Bostonbill

Re: Aluminm holdong tanks
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 03:03:34 PM »
Good to know. Each boat is a bit different, aren't they?  Our through-hull is just down to the starboard side in front of the tank. 

Hadley's Harbor is beautiful. We spent some time there this summer. What kind of boat was your trailer sailor?  Must've been fairly robust to sail in Buzzards Bay.