Author Topic: A Quick Hello  (Read 488 times)

Chris

A Quick Hello
« on: May 01, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »
I am happy to have found this forum having just taken ownership of Carmana -- a 1983 A32.  We are in Tacoma, WA (USA).  Great boat... delivered her over 130 nm in 20 -30 knots under two reefs and 8-12 foot swells this past weekend and she was a champ!  Good thing it was down-wind sailing because she is flying her original sails haha ... new sails on the way.

Bruce

• sailing Georgian Bay, on our A32 "OKAGA"
Re: A Quick Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 01:15:28 PM »
Very impressive.  Welcome to the Aloha family.   If you review the message board over the last few years you will see lot's of things to keep in mind about the A32.  I am an original owner and visited the factory often during the construction of my boat. If there is anything that stands out for you, put it up here.   Bruce
Bruce,  OKAGA, A32

Chris

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 02:00:39 PM »
Very impressive.  Welcome to the Aloha family.   If you review the message board over the last few years you will see lot's of things to keep in mind about the A32.  I am an original owner and visited the factory often during the construction of my boat. If there is anything that stands out for you, put it up here.   Bruce

Thanks Bruce ... original owner ... that certainly says a LOT about these boats and their enjoyability over a long period.  Happy to be part of the Aloha Family

Jeff.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 02:04:00 PM »
Welcome Chris!

You've made a great choice for a 32ft cruiser!
I'm Jeff from Sarnia, Ontario. My wife and I are returning north from a winter in the bahamas.
We have been thoroughly impressed and satisfied with the A32. Both for living on the hook and some rough deep water passages.

Looking forward to future posts and discussions.

Cheers
Aloha 32 Elixir V

Chris

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 04:13:48 AM »
Welcome Chris!

You've made a great choice for a 32ft cruiser!
I'm Jeff from Sarnia, Ontario. My wife and I are returning north from a winter in the bahamas.
We have been thoroughly impressed and satisfied with the A32. Both for living on the hook and some rough deep water passages.

Looking forward to future posts and discussions.

Cheers

Thank You Jeff! Wow... quite a haul ... impressive to boot.  Nobody dares try and beat north on the west coast of the US.  Do you get favorable winds over there ?

Jeff.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 11:18:50 AM »
Generally the winds are from the SE in the bahamas. Once we turned around at Long Island we have favorable winds to head north and cross back to florida and up the coast. Time will tell if that direction holds and we head north.
Aloha 32 Elixir V

alapaka

• c'mon spring!!! chop chop!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 11:45:33 AM »
Aloha Chris, welcome to the team - i'm at the other end of the salish sea up by desolation sound. Let me know if you head up this way, i'm right by the ferry terminal in whaletown.
Arpad - s/v Avrio - A32