Author Topic: Aloha 32  (Read 1514 times)

SailorGuy

Aloha 32
« on: July 01, 2019, 04:06:25 AM »
After a lot of head scratching, I finally figured out a way to mount curtain rods in my aloha 32. I found these curtain rods and brass rod holders at an RV store and thought they would work pretty well. Since the cabin top fiberglass is very thin, there is no way to mount a curtain rod using screws. To get around this, I bought a 3/8" think sheet of king starboard plastic and cut it into squares, then mounted the rod hanger brackets to the plastic with brass screws. I put 3M super adhesive double sided tape on the back of the plastic pieces and mounted them in the boat after cleaning the fiberglass inside with acetone and a scuff pad. My fiance's grandmother made the curtains for me, although they are a bit to long and need shortened up a bit and are a work in progress. The curtain rod holders are surprisingly well mounted and the double sided tape is Extremely hard to remove - these are definitely not going to fall off, even if you pull very hard on them.  Overall, this was the best way I found to install curtains in an Aloha 32

SailorGuy

Re: Aloha 32
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 04:11:16 AM »
More

SailorGuy

Re: Aloha 32
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 04:13:25 AM »
Pics