Author Topic: Aloha 32  (Read 282 times)

lendow

Aloha 32
« on: March 24, 2020, 12:01:31 PM »
Looking to purchase a A32 in Ontario
please let me know if you have one.

Also can anyone give me an idea of what 32s  generaly sell for . I see from 29 000 to 35 000

cheers

Jackrabbit

Re: Aloha 32
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 12:55:26 PM »
In Canada I think the $35 K range would be for a boat in exceptional condition, and seems more common for the "Encore" edition, which has a traditional vee-berth layout preferred by many.  All I can tell you is that I bought my A32 (standard layout with the workshop in the forepeak) two summers ago - it was advertised by a broker for $32 K by a broker, though I paid considerably less.

Julie M

• Julimor Creations
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 11:51:56 AM »
We bought our A32 last May for $22K.  It was in great shape and so fully loaded we rode several inches below the waterline bringing her back home.  The deal included a 9' ZOOM inflatable with a newer 4HP Yamaha.

It's a great boat but the 150 genoa is a bit too much and makes the boat very tender in a puff.  But on broad reaches we have hit 7.6 knots.  The 150 acts more like a Code 0.  We're researching a smaller headsail, maybe as small as a 115.

We slept on the boat several days getting her ready for splash then spent another 8 days crossing Florida.  Even with the equipment taking up space in the cabin, she was reasonably comfortable.  But getting up at night to use the head required some acrobatics, getting over your partner and all. 

Ours has the forward workshop.  We removed the saloon table to make moving fore and aft easier.  And once we cleared out all the stock, it was quite comfortable inside.  We haven't missed the table at all.

Overall we're pretty happy with the purchase.  For a 32 footer, she offers a lot.
Julie
A32-67 - KIALOHA

SailorTim

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 07:33:54 PM »
If you can find a freshwater boat its worth paying some extra money.  How much extra would be subject to some debate, but in my opinion $10,000 would not be unreasonable.  I would not touch a salt water boat that is well over 30 years old.  And, one season in salt water makes it a salt water boat.

Tim

Holdech

• Administrator
  • S/V Teliki, HYC - Toronto ON
    • Our sailing site
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 10:41:20 AM »
Condition and upgrades are everything.
If one boat needs sails, canvas, cushions, electronics etc. it may be less expensive but generally not the $10K - $15K that you'll be spending almost immediately.
I've seen two A32's this past year in the $30K range that needed more than that. Plumbing was shot, holding tank eaten through, thru-hulls needing replacement, little or ancient electronics, canvas shot, original sails, frightening electrics, and the list goes on.
Take your time buying...
Chris, Teliki, A32