Author Topic: Boat decorating again.  (Read 98 times)

Sawlty Dawg

Boat decorating again.
« on: July 26, 2020, 09:59:23 PM »
Inspired by the positive response from my last effort we went down to the boat today and tied a bunch for Bird Tape to various points that we could reach.
Personally I think our boat decorating efforts are better then the current efforts of the local bird population which has been depositing offerings all over the boat much to our dismay.
Seems my boat is the preferred target, the other boats next to us are much cleaner than mine, Not Fair!

Bill Hutton

• Aloha 34 #233
Re: Boat decorating again.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »
I've seen people hang old CDs from various places to scare the birds (or maybe they just don't like Neil Sedaka or the Osmonds)
Bill Hutton

Joseph

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 05:09:02 PM »
One of the boats in our marina on the Chesapeake  has realistic rubber snakes strategically placed on deck.  There doesn't seem to be any bird problems for them, but I can't be sure it's the snakes. It might be like putting a lion repellent in Central Park and touting its 100% efficacy.   The snakes might attract a bird of prey such as a bald eagle and that would definitely keep the seagulls away.

Sawlty Dawg

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 09:32:50 PM »
I've seen people hang old CDs from various places to scare the birds (or maybe they just don't like Neil Sedaka or the Osmonds)

Hmmm Neil Sedaka and the Osmonds, where is this boat you speak of? My music collection could use an upgrade.