Author Topic: 10 years Hard Time  (Read 2591 times)

Sawlty Dawg

10 years Hard Time
« on: May 25, 2011, 08:43:09 PM »
Seems like after 10 years on the hard and two years hard labor Kallisto (1985 8.2) has been refitted and launched.

Congratulations Jocelyn.

Pics here:

http://www.alohaowners.com/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=17:kallisto&Itemid=26

Sawlty

Aloha_float

• 2010 season...
    • Fuel Additives for corrosion and sludge control
Re: 10 years Hard Time
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:42:42 AM »
Awesome....

T
"Beach House" 1983 Tartan 33

Jocelyn

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 03:28:27 PM »
Thanks guys. Launch day went well and the only surprize I got was the height of my engine was not adequate. Basically I attached my outboard braket's height based on the factory water line thinking that I should have a good range of travel. However, I found out that my boat floats at least 8 inches higher than the line so the outboard's cavitation plate was out of the water. I have since engineered a spacer that allows the engine to be at the right height and will finalise the adjustements once the boat is pulled out this fall. Working on those things while on the water is definetely not the best. What I am suspecting is that, since the majority of the 8.2s came with inboards, they would be consequently a bit heavier at the transom and the manufacturer likely did not adjust the water line for the outboard powered version. I had nothing to go by when I purchased the boat so that's how it goes. Otherwise she is great. I am still waiting for some life line parts I ordered a month ago and a few other bits I still need to install. We are planning to have our first shake down within a couple of weeks. Have a good summer.

Jocelyn                   

john3000

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 03:14:18 PM »
Looks great !